Visiting Nurse Services of Connecticut, Inc., (VNS) a nonprofit health
care provider, finds its mission in the provision of quality home
health and hospice services to individuals, families and the communities
VNS is committed to the development of a partnership with the patient
in the delivery of comprehensive, compassionate care. Our competent
and caring staff are driven to help patients reach their highest
attainable health care outcomes.
The VNS approach to care is guided by:
- A respect for the dignity and value of life.
- Patient centered satisfaction.
- Effective use of available resources.
- Responsive advocacy to develop innovative services.
- Dedicated leadership, which helps shape health care policies and services.
VNS is committed to the promotion of health and the provision of quality care within a changing health care environment. Our corporate core HEART values of Humor, Excellence, Attitude, Respect and Teamwork are visible in all that we do.
Our vision is to be the premier home care provider in Connecticut.
We define premier in the following ways:
- Being the agency of choice for patients and referral sources, with an ability to effectively serve all referrals.
- Being the employer of choice with the highest quality staff.
- Consistently achieving excellent clinical outcomes.
- Being the leader in the development of innovative and comprehensive breadth of services that address the changing needs of our patient population.
- Being recognized as a valued community resource with strong affiliations.
- Maintaining financial stability.
- Relentlessly demonstrating our commitment and dedication to our Mission and Core Values.